Monday, November 19, 2007

Whee, baseball!

After brunch yesterday, a couple of my usual cronies went by to play with Gabe's Wii (nullus). Peter immediately noticed that the sports game had a baseball mode or level or whatever.

Andrew: Oh, Baseball's really boring.
Me: I know baseball's boring. That's why I like it.

Needless to say, Peter and I played at the first opportunity. He took an early lead with a single-run homer in the bottom of the first. I tied it up in the next inning and left a man stranded, but then fanned three batters to end the inning. I went scoreless in the third, and then Peter stepped up and won the game with a two-run walk-off home run. Pretty dramatic! I believe I hit for .222 and struck out five or six batters.

One funny thing was that Peter was striking me out throwing the same outside breaking balls that earned him so many K's in the wiffleball park.

I was also no good at Boxing. Video games!

No comments: